Monday, May 04, 2009

On Being Caught

He avoided birthday parties,
for who could know a human year?
As if people were recognizable in a television silhouette.

Instead, worried by the strain of simple hours,
retiring in evenings to celebrate with lights turned out
in a star-studded garden bathed in gray unfamiliarity,

his wooden summers wore on a long-hand bench.
You cannot cover your steps, even barely,
but you could wash your mouth if you have to.

-- Glenn R. Frantz

Justice Souter: A man of tradition, and surprises
Array of stars honor Seeger
Apply concern felt now to next fall's seasonal flu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem. It actually gets to me because its not confusing like most poems are. I really enjoy reading this poem. It inspired me to write my own personal poem.